How it is Conducted ?
Try to write the story before the stipulated time period of 4 minutes, because actually it is less than 4 minutes.Thereafter candidates are made to sit in a semi-circular fashion in a group of 15 to 20 candidates and they are asked to narrate the story one by one by describing leaders and other characters and the story behind them. The time given to narrate the story will be about 1 minute. After all the candidates have finished narrating the story, Group Discussion starts and arrive at one common story. However usually it is not possible to arrive at the common story of the group.
In this test generally three membered panel is present to observe the whole narration and Group Discussion and simultaneously they grade each candidate according to their performance.
Do's and Don'ts during PP&DT ?
- Never write or narrate pre-planned story, because every picture has different story.
- Give appropriate time to identify the characters and situation to write the story.
- Some candidates narrate their story but do not take part in the Group Discussion, never do this.
- On the other hand some candidates, try to dominate the discussion by hampering others opportunity to speak.
- Be confident! This is not the end, opportunities will come to you several times. Hence keep repeating again and again.