Group Obstacle Race (GOR) is conducted on day 3 of SSB interview. This is the 4th test conducted under GTO tests. This test is also known as snake race because in this test you are given a rope which resembles the snake.
How it is Conducted?
- In this task the group is made to race against the other groups through a series of six obstacles.
- The Objective of the group is to reach the finish line first and win this race.
- A maximum of four groups only take part and each group is assigned one channel and asked to remain in that channel throughout.
- This is an exciting task hence every candidates should be energized during the task.
Rules must be followed during Group Obstacle Race (GOR)
- Every group are given a snake of their own.
- Once you pick-up the snake you must hold the snake.
- While running from one obstacle to other the snake must remain straight and parallel.
- While doing any obstacle it is not possible to hold the snake, at this point of time a minimum of 3 of you hold the snake and others can leave it.
- Group and colour rule of Progressive Group Task (PGT) is applicable in this test.
- The rope/snake will follow the same course that of you.
- The snake can't be reduced in its length.
- In the situation of violation of any rules then GTO will imposedcertain penalties like repeating the task or any other penalty which is suitable.