Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)(Assistant Commandant) Examination every year to recruit Assistant Commandant in five Central Armed Police Forces i.e. Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). This year's notification has been released by UPSC on 18th of August, 2020 for 209 vacancies.
In this post we will discuss the detailed syllabus, strategy and important booklist to crack this Examination in about 4 months of time, which is remained for the Examination from now onwards. The Examination is scheduled to be held on 20th December,2020.
- 1. Syllabus of the CAPF AC Examination
- 2. Subject wise Break-up of Questions Asked in CAPF AC Examinations (2017, 2018 and 2019)
- 3. How Should You Approach CAPF AC Examination-2020(Paper-I)
- 3.1. Quant and Reasoning
- 3.2. Geography
- 3.3. History
- 3.4. Science and Technology
- 3.5. Polity
- 3.6. Current Affairs (August 2019 to October 2019)
- 3.7. Institutional Setup
- 3.8. Environment and Ecology
- 3.9. Economics and Culture
- 4. How Should You Approach CAPF AC Examination-2020(Paper-II)
- 4.1. Part-I
- 4.2. part-II
- 5. Ending Remarks
Syllabus of the UPSC CAPF AC Examination-2020
Subject wise Break-up of Questions Asked in CAPF AC Examinations (2017, 2018 and 2019)
- Quant and Logical Reasoning (16%)
- Geography (14%)
- History (14%)
- Science and Technology (14%)
- Polity (14%)
- Current Affairs (11%)
- Institutional Setup (10%)
- Environment (3%)
- Economics (2%)
- Culture (2%)
How Should You Approach CAPF AC Examination-2020 (Paper-I)
Quant and Reasoning
- Previous year Papers
- RS Aggrawal (Quants and Reasoning)
- 11th and 12th Class NCERT Books
- GC Leong (Certificate in Physical and Human Geography)
- Learn Top 5 and bottom 5 states in Agricultural and mineral production.
- Map work (Rivers, Ranges, Vegetation, soils, National Parks and Biosphere Reserves)
- Land and People chapters in India year Book.
and Modern Indian History and Social reformers. Hence you have to do following.
- Theme 1 and Theme 3 of 12th Class NCERT History Books(Must)
- Spectrum's Modern History
Science and Technology
- NCERT 6th to 10th class
- Defence and Space Technology (DRDO and ISRO)
- Science, communication and Defence chapters from Indian year Book
- Laxmikant/Bare Acts/ constitutional and other Bodies
- Important SC judgement and Cases
- Important Commissions, Cabinet and Parliamentary committees/Defence Acquisition Committees
- Polity Chapter from India Year Book.
Current Affairs (August 2019 to October 2019)
- Institutions in news
- Law and order and Defence chapters from India year book
- Websites- Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Home Affairs, CAPFs, Defence Forces
- Defence Exercises
- New Defence ships, plane etc.
Environment and Ecology
1. Biology(12th Class) last 4 chapters
Economics and Culture
As very less number of questions are asked from these two sections hence you can ignore these. But if you have sufficient time and possible to do you can read.
- Indian Economic Development Book of 11th Class(NCERT) (for Economics)
- NIOS Study Material on Art and Culture (For Culture section)
How to Approach CAPF AC Examination-2020 (Paper-II)
We will post most probable essays to be asked in UPSC CAPF AC Examination-2020. Hence Subscribe this website so that you would get notification at earliest.
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Plinth to Paramount (English Grammar) by Nitu Singh
You can follow this website, as we will bring notes on current affairs and other important lessons to crack this Examination, in upcoming times. So keep in touch with CSE Junction by subscribing this website below(It's Free) or you can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram and YouTube for latest updates and lessons on CAPF Examination-2020.