|Penck's Model of Cycle of Erosion(Graph)|
1. Aufsteigende Entwickelung (Phase of Accelerated rate of Landform Development)
2. Gleichformige Entwickelung
3. Absteigende Entwickelung
- Penck's model was very wrongly interpreted by English translator due to it's publication in obscure German language.
- This Model was severely criticized in America.
- He was criticized for his concept of 'parallel retreat' of slopes and continued crustal movement. However later interpretation of his model shows that instead of parallel retreat, he proposed the 'replacement of slopes' in which upper slope unit of hill slopes and valley sides was considered to be replaced by lower unit of gentler slopes.
- He was severely criticized for his long continued crustal movement theory and tectonic speculations which is not fit according modern theories .
- His slope replacement concept and the concept of weathering process are definitely of much geographical significance.