|Savanna Biome Distribution|
Formation of Savanna Biome
- Cold Dry Season:- Having day temperature between 26 degree Celsius to 32 degree Celsius, while night temperature is 21 degree Celsius.
- Warm Dry Season:- Here temperature ranges between 32 degree Celsius to 38 degree Celsius and Sun remains overhead.
- Warm Wet Season:- 80% to 90% of the total rainfall in Savanna Biomes is happen in this season.
Vegetation in Savanna Biome
1. Ground Layer
2. Middle Layer
3. Top/Canopy layer
Animal Species in Savanna Biome
- Different Savanna Biome is evolved differently.
- Degree of human interference in different seasons.
Mammals of Savanna are:-
- Animals with little or no migration:- Giraffe, Grant's gazelle, Harte-beest etc.
- Animals having partial Movement (during dying season):- Impala
- Animals having partial movement (during wet season):- Water hog, Dikdik, Water buck, rhino etc.
- Animals migrating in dry season:- Buffalo, Zebra, Wild beast, Elland, Elephant etc.
- Animals used to passage migration:- Buffalo, Zebra, Elephant etc.
Man and the Savanna Biome
- Frequent forest fires caused by human interference and natural calamities lead to destruction of Savanna Biome
- Explosion in population across the world in 50 years lead to destruction of Savanna Biome (as it is easy to clear it) as the demand of food-grain increased more than three times and green revolution also lead to expansion in cultivation to these areas.
- With rise in agriculture, the domestication of animals also risen from 50 years and hence resulted in to over-grazing hence it reduced considerable overtime.